Wednesday, October 26, 2011

So I sit here... contemplating blogging or not... making it public or not. How much can I put out there. Can I cuss (because, sometimes, cussing is fun). How mushy do I get? How involved to get. When do I say I don't care. But I really do care, but do not care to let everyone know. How the hell do I keep a straight face when inside I'm dying to know what you are really thinking. Why am I timid, sad, happy, goofy. Where do I fit as a mother, daughter, sister, daughter in law, sister in law, cousin. Do I put my daily activities here?? Do I tell you what I really think? When can I let go and ease into life as I currently know it. Please do voice your opinion... because believe me, it matters to me.

1 comment:

  1. For what it's worth I'll tell you my blogging philosophy: I blog when there's something to say that I think everyone in my immediate circle will want to know (when I was going thru chemo/radiation treatments, when I was going thru nursing school and anesthesia school...etc)

    Other than that, I pretty much say what I want and how I want to say it (with regards to swearing or not) and the readers can decide if they want to read it or not.

    I pretty much blog to inform my immediate friend circle--other than that, I don't delude myself to think that anyone outside that will care or want to read my life's minutia.

    However, I was thanked in email by someone who stumbled across my blog when I was going thru cancer, and she thanked me and said it helped her make decisions and informed her from a first hand view about what it was like and helped her look into her own treatment and about her own recent diagnosis. That made me feel pretty good. My mom was very private about her cancer and treatment and never even aknowledged it to strangers, where I am very proud to say I'm a survivor and stop to talk to anyone I see obviously going through treatments (and my patients) So, I guess the amount of sharing is up to your own personal comfort level, and the value it gives either you (getting things off your chest, or keeping 900 phone calls from being repetitious of the same material) or value to the public (like those how-to blogs, or hey, this is what cancer is like...)

    Hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete